Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Friends Dreams

February 01 2006 may be a great day for many for many reasons. But For me its one of the day which I have been waiting for long. It was a quite ordinary day for me. I woke up pretty late in the morning at 8.30 AM got to office by 11.30 AM. My GirlFriend (who is that? ) fought with me as usual for many things . I had lunch …… snacks blab blab la.

So when I started walking to catch my bus I called my Friend(?) and …….

Myself (M) : Hi da how r u officer?

Friend (F) : Ya fine

M : So how’s first day at office?

F : Ya good ….

M : Any meetings

F : Just we are seated for a meeting where they are going to decide where we are going to get allotted

M : So where do you want to get allocated

F : anywhere

………….

So you may ask whats so interesting, you can call your friend on any day and whats so big about first day in office.

The thing is that there are lot of thing that cannot be expressed over a phone and many people will understand that when you had finished reading this.

Lets get to my friend. I saw him first when I was 10 years old and was entering into my new classroom in a new school. A big tall strong guy was seated on the floor. I looked at him to leave me way so that I can pass through. But he looked at me as if he is going to beat me up. At that moment I had only hatred for him.

A don’t know why we became friends nor do I wanna research about it. What happened has happened and couldn’t have happened the other way. We studied together for 5 years. I went to a better school for a different reason. But my friend had a different road to travel. His father had decided then that he is to stop studies and look after the family business.

I don’t know whether its a fair call. I don’t know how I could have reacted. Along with working for his business he has studied very well till then. So he became one of the rare talents who became a school drop out.

He is such a personality that he started to support his friend’s studies , working hard to improve his business. He is a natural businessman. He can sell anything anywhere ….. sorry He knows what to sell where. I was very exited about his talents.

Two years passed by and ……. That was the worst years of his career I think. He wanted to study but didn’t know whom to tell. All his friends had their own problems. He couldn’t tell anyone his problems as he always had other’s problems to solve. So a man who had lived with a desire and dream in his heart and only his heart knew about it.

It was the year of entrance and We all were admitted into some college. So the friend who was busy till then solving all his friend’s problems suddenly started to feel lonely….. (may be no problem to solve )Yes there was no one for him. He used to say to me many times that “You (friends) are my strength and you are my weakness”

And then came a announcement which came as a absolute surprise. His father decided that he should go to schooling again. I don’t know what the reason behind it was. May be a father knows what his son wants? It came as a big surprise to my friend. He didn’t know whether to cry or laugh. God has played enough games with him.

He had to start back again. His friends were not near him to support him nor his parents. He has to search for a career which was lost 2 years back. Life is a search and he was ready for that. He wanted to first finish his pre college exams.

With little help he got through the exams with flying colours. I think it was a record for someone to get more than 85% marks in pre college considering he never went to school for 3 years. It was enough bigger achievement when he had scored more marks in English than the guy who taught him had got!. He had done so well that he started to feel that his marks are not enough.

So the first barrier was atlast over but still long way to go. The biggest barrier was his friends. He wanted to walk this life along with them but they were all running ahead of him for manythings. Yes his strength and weakness ………….was the biggest barrier.

Now he a year behind his friends but running fast to catch them. He is such a runner who wants not only him but all his fellow friends to win the race. So he did Bachelor of commerce. But he never studied … Do we need to give certificate for swimming to a fish.
But even that happened after 3 years in college he became a graduate. I couldn’t go for the function. May be something else big was waiting for him.

God still had lot of other issue lining up for him. What next after BCOM. All his friends had finished BE and had started working in big companies for big salaries. Still behind the race!

Ok lets do something big! MBA. A school dropout doing a MBA! Ya it happened he got enrolled to a college which was ranked among top 50 colleges in the country. Even I was surprised. Pain was one thing which he had endured all these days waiting for that elusive day when he can leave this college ( the things which he wanted to enter few years back very badly).

Yes that day has arrived and its today. He has left the college and joined a institution as financial consultant. This may not be a big achievement for many. Even I don’t think it’s a big one because for him there is no limit. He can achieve for more and I would like to write about him more.

I feel very proud of my friend. Even my parents and my brother felt very envy that I had a friend which they don’t have. Long way to go and many barriers to cross. But he has crossed enough for his young age. Motivation is something which many require in life to move up but he is man who moved up without that ………

Just I wrote what I thought which I usually do...

7 comments:

Karthik said...

why don't u point this friend to us all? (or since u have a penchant for story telling, was it fictitious?)

and btw, i feel that ur blog is a little heavy on the left side.

Karthee said...

May be .....you dont know him. But madhan and nithi knows him.

Also can u elaborate on why its little heavy on the left side.(Dont tell me I am a communist though I am now)

Anonymous said...

It was a good write up machi... But you have told me all the things before... So I knew what I was reading... I felt for this guy long before when we went to Nandi Hills.... I wish him all the best..

Karthee said...

Thank you madhan. But do post ur comments with your name!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://cqrongcn.com/jzrk/onmc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://gvxejxnd.com/owkt/smfn.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://cqrongcn.com/jzrk/onmc.html | http://lwzhpoxp.com/wmts/zqgh.html

Do you like this blog