Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Hope Pooja Narayan is reading this!

Bored that I am nowadays, I researched what guys of my age are doing

Atlast after lots of time wasting ... I thought 'I am badly in need of a Girlfriend' ...

I became so desperate that I wanted to publish an advertisement in leading magazine

"Wanted Girl Friend for a Handsome, Smart , Young athletic Karthee Please contact kartshy@gmail.com"



But realised later that its to much for me. I had to spend some 50-100 dollars on it and I dont think I can make a successfull investment here.

Also the "Handsome, Smart , Young athletic " is too much :-)



Anyway whats next ...



whats the first step ... in finding anything for a "Sophisticated Software Engineer"



Google



So I searched "karthee needs girlfriend" ... Yes I am completely mad :-)



came across the following link http://ramp.torontopubliclibrary.ca/pdfs/young_voices_2001.pdf



seems someone by name Pooja Narayan (Young voices .... yeah very much excited) was searching for me.

here goes what she has to say (She seems to dream a lot like me)



Beyond My Dreams

I wake up to the sound of camel dung being spattered

against the wall. My mother has managed to collect some and

is drying it, so we can have fuel for the fire. I remember her

whispering to my father last night, as I lay on my tattered straw

mat.They are worried that we will lose even this hut, if Dalalji is

not repaid in time. I always wish I could do more, but I am just

a chit of a girl.

Our tiny village, Kollengode, in the middle of the vast deserts

of Rajasthan, is probably unknown to the rest of the world.

Nothing ever changes here. Everyone is still under the control of

the moneylender. He owns the entire village, and his fancy

teashop. He even has a magical box with pictures of beautiful

girls with the most dazzling clothes. Sometimes, instead of running

an errand, I hide outside the tea-shop and peep at the TV.

I wish I were one of those girls in the magic box. I often look

at my pretty face in a little, broken piece of mirror, hidden in the

folds of my skirt. I can just hear my mother's scolding voice.

"Kya karthee hai ladkee? Soorath kis kaam ka? Ghar ka kaam

seekh!" ("What are you doing girl! What use is your pretty face?

Learn housework!") My mother never tires of saying this.With a

little money, a big house and even a motor car in the city! But

Gauri's parents are treated like outcasts, despite her success. I

wonder why!

Maybe I can borrow the money from Dalalji. He always

smiles at me and seems to like me. I feel a spring in my step,

as I walk with my water pot balanced on my head."Shoba?" I

hear my name and walk towards the sound to the abandoned

shack. Suddenly, in the dark, hands grab me and tear violently

at my clothes. I stumble, screaming, still holding the heavy pot

in my hands. I never thought Dalalji could do this.With one

powerful swing, I smash my pot against his head. He reels back,

stunned and I hit him again. He drops to the ground, unconscious.

I seize the pot and run home, sobbing, pushing my

weary legs. How naïve I have been.This is what a man wants

from a girl. No one wants to help you, really. Poor Gauri!

40

In the dark,my mother starts shouting at me, "Paani kidher

hai? Kidher gayi thi?" ("Where is the water? Where have you

been?") With tears streaming down my face, hiding my ripped

blouse, I silently pick up the basket to gather the dried camel

dung. At least we will have enough fuel for the next month.

Pooja Narayan



Yes Eureka !!! Pooja seems to know me. So hoping that she will find me .... I am writing this blog.



Note : Found out that the search text "karthee" in her article is not me but a hindi word meaning "doing" :-( .

Hindi language is also against ... me ... and my Girlfriend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~fannan said...

good one! don't worry dear, there must be some1 jo tumhara intezaar karthee hogi...

Do you like this blog