Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Friends Valentine Project: The Agreement

Raj told them all he wanted and said them his research works so for and how he had arrived at the choices.
Karthi was amazed. He had a thought why he never thought in such lines before!
Arthi was not so much amazed as karthi was. She felt bad that the boys wanted to discuss such things with her!

Raj “folks I need your help”
Karthi – “I say it’s a very bad plan ……… your father will never approve such things”
Raj “I never asked whether my father will approve or my grandfather will disapprove”
Raj “I am serious here. I don’t want to marry a woman who I knew hardly and have sex with her on a time predetermined by some damn astrologer! Are you with me?”

Arthi “Fine Raj Am I correct that you want to marry a woman you knew already ………..and understand her better”

Karthi thought why she is always clarifying and summarizing things? (Damn CMM level 5 software engineer mentality) May be she doesn’t have some original ideas to think of!

Raj nodded in agreement! Arthi said “I am with you” Karthi was silent still. Raj and arthi looked at him for a reply!

Karthi – “Raj I want to help you in what ever you do! But this thing looks little dangerous here! My advice is to drop this plan! Have you given enough thought about what are the consequences of this? Remember you have a younger sister. Will you allow anyone to love her and marry her? What about your conservative parents? I think this is a greater risk for the girl loving you ….than yourself! If you still insist I am with you”

Raj and arthi was amazed with the maturity with which karthi spoke. Karthi was known for his irresponsible and fearless attitude in school and college.

Raj “I know about all these things” (though he had never given a thought about what karthi had said)

Karthi – “So who is the girl you are in love”

Raj replied “Sheela ,Dhivya ,Priyanka ,Rhema “
Karthi – “I have never heard such a big un related name in my life”
Arthi – “or is it four different people you are in love with”
Raj – “Yes they are different and they are my choices for my plan”
Karthi corrected “Contingency plan ……. Even before a plan is ready”

Arthi knew two of them Dhivya was their school mate and was her friend too. Arthi wondered why raj was attracted to Dhivya she was dumb and used to laugh at all these crap jokes that karthi said. She thought karthi had a better chance with her with his PJs ……..Rhema was Raj’s project mate. She was not great looking but intelligent enough to match raj in work.

Arthi was quick to ask Raj “So am I true that Dhivya is our school mate …..? (clarification sought) and Rhema you project mate?” “By the way who are the others what’s that sheeeeeeeela and Priyanka .”

Karthi knew them already

He replied – “Sheela used to study with us in computer classes.”

Arthi “when did you go for computer classes”

Karthi –“Way back in 9th standard and she was 3 years elder than us. I doubt if she is not married yet!”

Arthi – “priyanka?”

Karthi – “His family friend’s daughter. I fear that she has a boyfriend already. His father and her father were family friends”

Arthi as usual was summarizing the whole thing “So one is an older aunty who may have child now! Another already has a boyfriend. One is dumb enough to laugh at even PJs and thing which are not even joke (she looked at karthi). One which your project mates who looks like a Einstein’s daughter ……….. Bad choices Raj I doubt how much my help will really matter here”

Raj “See you know only to see the problems in each of them and compare them. Please don’t compare your husband with us when you get married! They are all better woman in their own respect and I respect them. Also I am gonna marry on among them! I don’t want you people making fun about them”

Karthi – “Where do we start?”

Arthi – “Better we start with Dhivya I will ask her to marry you!”
Raj “Arthi it doesn’t work that way. She has to love me ….. I have to love her…… We have to know each other well ……. It should be spontaneous!”

Karthi – “I think its better we start with Dhivya as we all know about her and she being arthi’s friend should be helpful. But what if Dhivya starts loving you ….. will you stop there?”

Raj “sure no more girls …… even in my dreams!”

Arthi – “If that’s true ……… then our first target is Dhivya.”

Karthi though “why is arthi so much interested in this! Does she hate Dhivya so much! Or is there something else?”

Karthi – “Ok some ground rules …. No one knows about this plan or project except us three. Every decision will be made after we all discuss and decide. Raj has the permissions to make decisions in emergency. If anything goes bad ….. No one should show hands at each other. I mean everyone is at their own risk. There is only one motive behind this plan and that’s to get our friend raj married to her Girlfriend (!? Of choice) and there is no other motive behind our plan!”

So if we all agree to this we can move ahead.

Raj was amazed how karthi has become so responsible and determined he is! Arthi was jealous too!

Everyone agreed. Raj – “So karthi what are you waiting for open the bottle …… cheers to everyone!” (It was a Cola which they drank)

Karthi said “Cheers to Dhivya” (He thought….. Oh sorry Dhivya!)

Projects are usually planned perfectly … at least the project people think they have!. In life not everything happens according to plan and most don’t.

So the plan was ready and they were about to start their Mission Impossible 4 (4 girls involved). They didn’t know that trouble was waiting for them in the name of “Dhivya”!

More on her and our “Project Mission Dhivya” sometime later!

No comments:

Do you like this blog